INDIA IS FAMOUS FOR…
India is the source of many inventions and is famous for many things in the world… Do you know which is the largest pilgrimage destination in the world? Which is the oldest town in the world? And where you can get the cheapest diamonds? Come to travel in India with Nomaday travel and make sure these things on the list are true:
- India has the largest network of Post Offices in the entire world.
- What is the level of richness in India nowadays? It is difficult to count but India was one of the richest countries in the world till the British rule in the 17th Century. Christopher Columbus, was attracted by India’s wealth, had started his expedition looking for a sea route to India when he discovered America by mistake.
- Which pilgrimage place is the largest in the world? Maybe Mecca or Rome? Not at all… The Vishnu Temple in the city of Tirupathi constructed in the 10th century, is the world’s largest religious pilgrimage destination attracting around 30,000 visitors per day who donate $6 million to the temple every single day.
- The Baily Bridge is the highest implemented bridge in the world. The bridge is in the Ladakh valley between the Dras and Suru rivers in the Himalayas and was constructed by the Indian Army in 1982.
Ayurveda is a body treatment with natural herbal products…Even nowadays Indians treat themselves with herbs against serious diseases. The Father of Medicine, Charaka, introduced Ayurveda 2500 years ago. Interested in Ayurvedic treatments? You should go for this: http://www.nomadaytravel.com/index.php/CityBreaks/ItineraryDetail?itinerary=drive-me-around-the-capital-5-days
- India is a source of one of the cheapest diamonds in the world. Until 1896, India was the only origin of diamonds in the world at all.
If we see a picture of Indian reality, majority of the people use services of dentists on the street to take out the teeth or treat gum canals, do surgeries or deliver babies at home…But many years ago application of anesthesia was well known and used in ancient Indian medicine.
- Indian mathematicians have been famous for ages: the value of “pi” was first calculated by the Indian Mathematician Budhayana, and he introduced the concept of the Pythagorean Theorem. He discovered that in the 6th century, many years before the European mathematicians.
Yoga is famous in all aover the world and became a lifestyle of many modern people. Yoga has its roots in India and it remained for over 5,000 years. Do you want to do some yoga? Any city in India can offer you this experience!
It is never too late to travel and discover new things! Come with us across India-here every day is different!